Engineering Manager F/H M/F
VINCI Construction Terrassement (VCT) covers all earthworks activities in infrastructure projects and development works. It also includes standard engineering structures and drainage systems. As part of the “Balfour Beatty VINCI” Joint Venture, VINCI Construction Terrassement is involved in the High Speed 2 Project (HS2).
VCT is part of the VINCI Construction Group, a world leader in building and civil engineering (www.vinciconstruction.co.uk). Other divisions in the VINCI Group specialize in concessions, energy, roads and railways. VCT offers expertise adapted to all projects, from traditional construction contracts to PPP projects, in addition to the delivery of turnkey projects including maintenance and operations.
To take the responsibility for integration and interface management between BBV design & engineering services, other HS2 designers, supply chain design teams and external bodies (including Highways Authorities and Network Rail), we are seeking for a Senior Engineering Manager.
Your main responsibility will be:
- Responsible for a large multi-disciplinary design and engineering team,
- Oversee the performance of the BBV Design and Engineering team,
- Manage BBVs Geotechnical design resource, supporting geotechnical investigations and flow of GI information to BBV design teams and supply chain.
- Manage the interface between BBVs surveys and investigations teams (eg surveying, utilities, environmental) to ensure the design team requirements are scoped, specified and delivered for use in the permanent and temporary works designs.
- Oversee the management of design interfaces between the Design Delivery Team (JV) and other HS2 designers as well as key Stakeholders and approval bodies
- Ensure Design Interface Control Documents are prepared
- Manage the design interface between the permanent works Lead Designer (DJV) and the BBV supply chain for preparation and approval of designs to Level of Definition 5 (LoD5).
- Support the procurement team by ensuring design scope documents and design responsibility matrices are prepared for each subcontract package for tender.
- Integrated and coordinated design ready for construction to meet project requirements, including information management (BIM) for coordination of graphical model information.
Requirements & preferred experience:
- Qualified Senior Civil Engineer or similar equivalent, with multi-disciplinary breadth
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the construction environment for safe and buildable designs
- Experience of working with a major design consultancy and major contractor
- Highly organised with good management and coordination skills
- Leading teams, people management skills, effective delegation, mentoring & coaching and developing others
- Working knowledge of CDM 2015 Regulations
- 8 years relevant experience (desirable)
We offer :
- Competitive Salary & Car policy
- Company Shared Incentive Scheme
- Benefits package
Want to join a great project and be part of its success? Come and be part of our Team!