Mechanical Transportation & Package Specialist
Senior Specialist (Transport Packaging) Role Overview:
The Senior Specialist is principally a hands-on design and licensing/assessment documentation based role with a degree of team leadership. The Senior Specialist can be responsible for delivering a package of work within a project. You will have frequent liaison with other disciplines in the engineering team, inspectors, sites and within the client. Senior Specialists are the main interface between Container Approvals Manager and hands-on design & licensing engineers.
Senior Specialists at Nuvia are expected to be in the established stages of their career development but with a good number of years delivering engineering and licensing solutions.
Key responsibilities of a Nuvia Senior Specialist:
· Development of designs to satisfy technical specifications and requirements.
· Prepare supporting design calculations to substantiation of designs.
· Check design calculations of designers and other engineers within the team
· Actively contribute to design & safety reviews (Risk Assessments & HAZOP’s) from technical standpoint
· Preparation of technical specifications in liaison with client and project team
· Produce design documentation throughout the design process including scope of works, method statements, risk assessments, technical files and other technical documentation to comply with design standards, safety legislation/regulatory requirements and those of the client
· Prepare installation, commissioning and operating documents
· Planning & allocation of workload to members of design team in order to deliver packages of work
· Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design.
· Responsible for managing the quality of the output of their team or their own deliverables.
· Responsible for adherence to internal procedures and external codes, standards and directives.
· Possible responsible for managing project packages that are sub-contracted to third parties.
· Creating designs that are compliant with safety regulations (e.g. CDM and CE marking).
· Ensure safety of working environment via design.
Position of the Senior Specialist within the organisation:
· Reporting to Container Approvals Manager, Managing Consultant
· Often managing a small team of specialists or design engineers.
· Interaction with engineers and specialists of other disciplines, both internal and external
· Supervises Nuvia support staff in delivery of work packages.
Ideally you will have the following qualifications, skills, experience and attributes…
· Delivered nuclear waste package documentation/designs to IAEA SSR-6
· A recognised engineering qualification such as HNC / HND / Degree.
· >5 Years’ experience in the role of design in a nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry.
· Good knowledge of detail design and detailed drawing production within a high tech industry environment.
· Ability to working to tight deadlines & a strong team player attitude.
· Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions.
· Concept through to commissioning experience (full lifecycle).
· Good understanding of Statutory and safety Regulations and their appropriate utilisation.
· Proven track record within a project environment with strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
· Good customer/client liaison skills and good commercial awareness.
· Demonstrable competence gained in a design delivery position.
· Knowledge of generic mechanical principle such as forces, stresses, materials selection & design principles
For this specific opportunity, the following attributes are desirable:
· Assisting the Container Approvals Manager or Nominated engineer to deliver a concept/detail design of transport package, and ensuring design intent implemented at manufacturer
· Checking of Concept and Manufacturing drawings
· Production of and checking of structural calculations to recognized codes such as ISO 13001, ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code, BS 2573, Eurocode, PD5500
· Production of and checking of technical documentation including operating, handling and maintenance instructions.
· Client interaction through weekly dial ins and regular face to face meetings
· Willing to travel to within the UK and potentially internationally to attend client design meetings and to manufacturer’s site
· Membership of a relevant Institution (e.g. IMechE; IET; IED). Otherwise Nuvia have a program in place to mentor in order to achieve chartership
· Worked within a manufacturing environment, design, testing and commissioning of bespoke equipment within a regulated industry.
· Production of Manufacturing drawings
· Witness testing of load and pressure testing, helium leak testing and factory acceptance testing.
· Responding to manufacturing TQ’s, concessions and repair procedures.
· Quality assurance checking of documentation material certification and quality plans.
· Knowledge of transport regulations (IAEA SSR-6) production of Package Design Safety Reports
· Appreciation of Shielding design
· Appreciation of Finite Element Analysis
· Appreciation of Criticality assessment
Pourquoi nous rejoindre ?
Working for us:
Have you got energy, confidence and enthusiasm? Would you like to work for a dynamic international Company? If so, Nuvia offers a wide range of career opportunities for the right people who can help us to achieve our vision: to be recognised as the world class provider of whole life solutions to the nuclear industry’s most complex technical challenges, from new build, through operations to decommissioning.
Nuvia have a diverse engineering team including several specialist teams, these include
· Engineering analysis – Design support using ANSYS and LS-DYNA.
· Nuclear waste transport package team
· Piping engineering team
· HVAC engineering team
A successful applicant can develop as a general engineer supporting our wide portfolio of projects or could work within one of our specialist teams depending on past experience and career development aspirations.
Sports and recreation: Nuvia are a based on the Harwell innovation campus and are active in campus sports. Nuvia field teams in the campus rounders, cricket and football competitions and also enter into the Vinci 5 aside football competition. There are many cyclists at Nuvia and there is a regular well attended charity cycle ride between our Dorset office and Manchester office.
Benefits: Nuvia offers a competitive pension scheme, health care, Vinci share scheme, cycle to work schemes as well as other benefits.