VIE Germany - Project engineer – Industry - F/M
The EUROVIA Deutschland Industry department produces the materials used on the construction site in all Germany. The main quarry is located in Dresde and produce up to 2 million Tons gravel per year, which are mainly dedicated to road and railway construction. The materials are transported per train towards the construction site.
In order to increase the productivity and quality of the product, Eurovia considers building from scratch a new plant for this site. The environmental considerations will be a major point for this project, in the scope of the Eurovia engagement to decrease its CO2 footprint by 40% by 2030.
We are looking for a Project engineer to join EUROVIA Deutschland’s dynamic teams. The VIE will have the opportunity to support the project of evaluation and the forthcoming construction of a new quarry plant, once the validation of the project.
The VIE will participate in the concept validation, administrative authorizations phase, engineering, construction, and then the entry in production. The Engineering Phase should start in 2022 for a Plant opening envisioned in 2024.
This opportunity is located near Dresde. Lausitzer Grauwacke GmbH (lausitzer-grauwacke.de)
As part of the quarry team, and in relation with the central services of Eurovia Deutschland - this position will play a key role in accompanying the new construction envisioned of the plant. As such, your main missions are:
Engineering/design phase and validation (through 2022)
- Carrying out phases of the engineering phases (drafting and analyzing projects risks).
- Propose technical designed solutions, in accordance with the different suppliers, based in France and Germany.
- Identified, audit, and order tasks from the sub-contractors.
- Be part of the negotiation and contract team.
- Ensure compliance with the standard imposed by the rules of quality, safety, and environment.
Production phase (envisioned in 2023)
- Manage schedules and coordinate subcontractors on your perimeter (conduct and administer overall job planning and programming).
- Define and ensure the supply of the material needs.
- Monitor construction progress and ensure the smooth running of the work.
- Monitor daily costs of all time-dependent elements on the project and implications.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- A recognized qualification (Bachelor/Master) in Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering.
- First working experience as site engineer in a major contractor in civil construction and infrastructure; or an experience in mechanical project design.
- Keen on construction machines and equipment.
- German speaker (B1 level) and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, open-mindedness, and curiosity - as you'll be working closely with design and construction teams, suppliers, and more.
- Excellent time management.
- A demonstrable commitment to Health & Safety ensuring everyone goes home safe every day.