NSW Construction Manager
The position of NSW Construction Manager reports to the National Civil Operations Manager and is responsible for all projects and operations in New South Wales and large or technically challenging civil projects nationally and has broad general management accountabilities to ensure the successful and profitable delivery of numerous concurrent projects. To be considered for this role you must have experience in the following methodologies: Post Tensioning, Pre-cast Segmental Construction, Bridge Launching, Heavy Lifting, Cable Stay Bridges and Bridge Strengthening.
· Leading your direct report operations team, setting priorities, reviewing performance, assisting with recruitment on projects and management of staffing issues.
· Manage IR issues on your projects and work with construction managers when required.
· Forecast and manage project labor requirements and work with the construction managers to optimize the labor usage and quantity.
· Ensure projects are planned with enough lead time to ensure the project is set up to start on time in accordance with the program
· Oversee project safety performance, ensuring safety risks are managed and good safety practices are consistently adopted.
· Oversee commercial process and where required get involved in commercial management and contract administration issues for relevant projects.
· Know your contract and ensure that contracts are administered properly regarding delay claims and notification by engineers
· Support PE / PM to establish and manage the required arrangements with sub-contractors and suppliers.
· Strong client relationships to ensure expectations are defined and understood by all parties.
· Promote products, services and experience from past projects to support Project Engineers to increase scope and margin.
Skills & Experience:
· Minimum Degree in Civil Engineering or a related discipline
· Minimum 7 years’ experience of managing complex and large-scale projects with large work-forces and many stakeholders.
· Demonstrated project-management experience of large and complex projects from $10 million – $100 million
· Demonstrated leadership skills in managing medium and large teams
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to analyses and resolve complex issues
VINCI Construction designs and builds structures and infrastructure that address major issues facing society - global warming, population growth and increasing mobility. VINCI Construction is meeting the world's major challenges. With more than 30,000 projects in progress, VINCI Construction is committed across all eight of its businesses to supporting major transformational change worldwide. Our global challenges : demographics, climate, environment, energy. Key figures : - Annual revenue of €14 231 million - 71 401 employees, - Over 30 000 projects each year, - 48% of revenue generated outside France For more informations : www.vinci-construction.com Discover the video portraits of our employees on YouTube and follow our news on LinkedIn : www.linkedin.com/company/vinci-construction