Head of Project Management Office
Head of Project Management role overview:
Main purpose of the role:
· To be a visible leader and head of profession across project management and planning disciplines in Nuvia UK
· To shape the strategic direction, influence, and impact of project management and planning within Nuvia UK
· To engage with customers and key external stakeholders to ensure understanding and excellence in collaborative working and delivery
· To develop and implement collective and individual development of project managers and planners within the business
· To work with the rest of the Technical & Assurance function to achieve the overarching objectives of the function in supporting business growth, operational efficiency and assurance.
· Developing and implementing the strategy for ensuring efficient and effective performance of project management and planning across each Nuvia UK business line
· Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of the key clients or stakeholders to ensure that their needs are being met
· Understanding the value drivers for the business and identifying profitable opportunities to grow revenue, improve business process, identify cost savings or deliver a step change for the business
· Working closely with the other department heads to deliver key stakeholder requirements across the business
· Maintaining and updating the project management system of guidance, procedures and processes
· Providing insight and guidance on appropriate tools and systems to be deployed to manage projects, resources and planning.
· Reviewing existing department approach whilst also considering industry best practice
· Assessing the risks to the business within your discipline
· Representing the company externally e.g. at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimise all opportunities for growth and development
· Maintaining an awareness of external factors (including competitors, developments, government business initiatives, current and proposed legislation in relation to your business discipline activities
· Developing and measuring specific Key Performance Indicators to ensure performance of project management and planning is in line with business objectives.
· Working with all members of team to maintain & develop the positive progressive culture within the discipline and ensuring continual professional development is taking place
· Observing and complying with company Safety, Health and Environment Policies
Undertaking any other duties which may be requested by Line Manager
Ideally you will have the following skills, experience, and attributes…
· Educated to degree level and ideally professionally qualified
· Excellent demonstrable track record & skills/experience gained within a similar strategic position / level
· Strong leadership skills and experience of developing teams and individuals
· Experience of managing direct and indirect reports through periods of organisational change
· Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels
· Able to present to the business as a technical expert on their subject
· Innovative, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated, with the ability to work proactively using own initiative
· Proven strategic aptitude and ability to see beyond team and departmental boundaries
· Ability to influence at a senior level, both internally and externally
· Tenacious and results driven with sound business judgement
· Passionate about achieving high levels of excellence
· Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to work accurately in a busy & demanding client focused environment
· Committed to individual and organisational learning and development.
A full UK drivers’ licence.
Further degree and/or professional accreditation, e.g. MSc, Chartered status, membership of a professional institute, within a relevant field is preferred but not essential
Pourquoi nous rejoindre ?
Nuvia is a leading international engineering, project management and services provider to the highly regulated nuclear, defence, oil & gas, and science & research industries. Our expertise has been developed over many years and is backed up by a highly trained, committed workforce and a wide range of specialist resources.
Working for us:
Have you got energy, confidence and enthusiasm? Would you like to work for a dynamic international Company? If so, Nuvia offers a wide range of career opportunities for the right people who can help us to achieve our vision: to be recognised as the world class provider of whole life solutions to the nuclear industry’s most complex technical challenges, from new build, through operations to decommissioning.